GAELA Associations represent the best language centres in the following countries.
Follow the links below to find out more about each Association and their member centres.
|Return to list of associations
|Member colleges in:
||Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom
|Number of members:
||100 Accredited Members, 21 Associate Members
EAQUALS is a pan-European Association of schools and organizations concerned with language teaching and learning. Its aim is to encourage and assist language course providers to continuously improve their educational and other services for the benefit of course participants and clients.
Before admission, and every 3 years thereafter, Accredited Members must undergo a rigorous inspection to verify whether or not they meet the criteria established in the four EAQUALS Charters for Accredited Members (General Charter, Course Participants’ Charter, Staff Charter, and Information Charter).
EAQUALS also has Associate Members, who agree to abide by a separate charter. These include organizations such as the British Council, the Goethe Institut, Instituto Cervantes, and a number of national associations of schools, as well as some examination boards.
EAQUALS also has a new ‘project partnership’ scheme aimed at universities and other organizations that wish to collaborate on specific projects.
- Brings together institutions that provide intensive courses for the language travel market and schools and organizations providing courses for their local clientele. This generates excellent opportunities for collaboration;
- Has an independent inspection scheme run by fully trained inspectors working in international teams. This ensures a high level of standardization and reliability;
- Organises two international professional meetings a year, and provides training and development support for its member organizations through a range of workshops, ‘self-help guides’ and on-line materials;
- Is an International NGO with Participatory Status at the Council of Europe, and has Liaison Status with relevant ISO technical committees;
- Together with the Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE), has developed an international European language Portfolio (ELP), which is now available in over 20 languages, and an electronic ELP available at http://www.eelp.org/eportfolio/index.html;
- Provides consultancy advice and training in accreditation scheme design and development to national associations and international networks, and runs joint schemes by special agreement.
T: +36 1 7855890
F: +36 1 7855890
EAQUALS Secretariat, PO Box 95, Budapest, H-1301 Hungary
GAELA meetings are also attended by other stakeholders who have an interest in supporting GAELA’s aims.
Follow the links below to find out more about these organisations.